1) ALMOST is the longest word in the English language with all the letters in alphabetical order.
2) The plastic things on the end of shoelaces are called aglets.
3) TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
4) Go is the shortest complete sentence in the English language.
5) The shortest English word that contains the letters A, B, C, D, E, and F is feedback.
6) The dot over the letter ‘i’ is called a tittle.
7) The word checkmate in chess comes from the Persian phrase “Shah Mat,” which means “the king is dead”.
8) A sentence that contains all 26 letters of the alphabet is called a pangram, and the most famous is the one typists use to test their keyboards: “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog”.
9) White trail that a jet plane leaves behind in the sky is called contrail.
10) The dummy displayed in garment shops is called a mannequin.
Before you leave:If you found this article useful please subscribe for free to receive updates in future.
Check other modes of subscription.
You can also bookmark it with your favourite bookmarking service or send it as a mail to someone.
Downlaod This Page As PDF