As was mentioned in the Important Announcements, we are here with the reward we promised. You syand a chance to win free domains. The reward is to celebrate our success so far and to show our appreciation to our loyal readers. This being the first reward on Knowledge Hub, I’m pretty excited about it. Hope you share the same feelings.
What Is the Reward?
We have decided to give away 7 .info domains for free. What’s more the domain will be of your choice.
Who can win?
Though I want to give something to each and every one of you, but that is not practically possible. I have been thinking hard how to organize it so that the entire process is smooth, transparent and easy. Finally I have come across this solution- We’ll have a set of simple criteria, fulfilling which will earn you points. Top 7 point holders will win a domain each.
- Follow Knowledge Hub on Facebook – 2.5 points
- Follow BlogSpot Knol on Facebook – 2.5 points
- Subscribe to Knowledge Hub’s newsletter – 1.5 points
- Subscribe to BlogSpot Knol’s newsletter – 1.5 points
- Follow Knowledge Hub on twitter– 2 points
- Follow BlogSpot Knol on twitter – 2 points
- Retweet this post (you can use the retweet button at the top) – 3 points
- Share this post on Facebook (you can use the Facebook share button at the top) – 3 points
Note: For steps 1 to 6, if you are already following us on Facebook/Twitter or have subscribed to our newsletter, then you have automatically earned those points. Just complete last two steps to increase your points tally and then leave a comment.
So you can earn a maximum of 18 points. Top 7 contestants will win one domain each. In case of a tie we’ll use random.org– a website used for holding draws and sweep stakes.
I think the rules are very simple to understand, but I’ll still explain it with an example. Say there are 10 people (A to J) taking part. A earned 18 points, B got 17, C and D are at 16, and remaining E to J each got 14 points. So A, B, C and D are clear winners. Of the remaining 6, we’ll choose 3 through random.org.
When Will The Contest End?
The contest is valid starting today (9th May 2010) till 12th May 23:59 hours (IST).
How to take part?
After completing the above steps (Tip: Complete as many steps as possible to earn more points), leave a comment below mentioning the steps you have completed, and the points you earned. If you have retweeted the post or shared it on Facebook, provide the link to that as well so that I can cross-verify your claim. Remember that if you did not provide the link to the retweet or facebook share in your comment, those points won’t be added.
Leaving a comment is important to maintain transparency and also to confirm that you are participating in the contest.
Once the contest is over I’ll announce the winners on 14th May 2010, after cross verifying each claim. The winners will then have to mail me their choice of .info domain. If two people have the same choice of domain, the one with more number of points will get preference. The second person will have to decide on some other domain. If both have same number of points, then the one whose mail I received first will be given preference. It would be a good idea if you decide on 2-3 domains beforehand so that you don’t lose time in informing me once the winners are announced.
How to check if your preferred domain is available or not?
Before sending me the domain name, check whether it is available or not. There are many websites that can help you with that. You can check the availability at www.ILoveThisDomain.com. Just enter your preferred domain name and select the extension as info. There is also a domain suggestion tool on this website which you can use to get good names.
Hope I have made myself very clear. In case of any doubt feel free to reach out to me.
If this is a success, we’ll have more contests in future.
1) If you are subscribing to our newsletter please mention the first part of your email id in the comment so that we can check it with our database. Even if you don’t leave your e-mail id in the comment, we’ll try to verify your claim but at times it may cause some problem. For e.g. you comment below by the name of XYZ but your e-mail id is of the form firstname.lastname@example.org then it gets difficult to keep a track.
Please don’t mention your entire email id to avoid spam. Just mention the first part. If your id is email@example.com, just mention abc in your comment.
2) Please post the twitter link of the particular tweet about this post, and not the link to your twitter profile. To get the link of a specific tweet:
a) Go to your twitter home page.
b) Click on profile at the top.
c) Go to the required tweet.
d) Click on the time mentioned below the tweet (something of the form “about two hours ago via web“).
e) The tweet will open in a new window. Copy the URL from the address bar.
UPDATE 2: As some of you were not comfortable posting your facebook id and mail id here so instead of writing a comment you can also send me an e-mail at admin[at]knowledgehub.co.in
UPDATE 3: The domain is for one year only. After one year you’ll have to renew it on your own.