My Stamp- Get Your Personalized Postage Stamp - Knowledge Hub

My Stamp- Get Your Personalized Postage Stamp

My Stamp Logo Imagine sending letters to your friends (yes, in this era of e-mails!!) with your smiling photo on the stamp!! Thanks to Indian postal department, this is now possible.

After starting address proof card scheme sometime back, Indian Postal Department has now introduced a new scheme, called “My Stamp”, in World Philatelic Exhibition – Indipex 2011. “My Stamp” will let you get personalized stamps with your photograph on it.

While this is not something new-countries like USA, Canada and a few more already have such a scheme in place- this is a first in Indian postal history.

The personalized stamps will have two parts-the currency part and the photograph-detachable from each other.

Personalized Stamps

Features

• The scheme is currently applicable to Individuals only. Companies can’t use this facility now, but if the experiment is successful, the scheme might be opened to them too.
  • You can get your photo on the stamp or that of your spouse’s. But if you want the photo of your spouse on the stamp, you’ll have to bring their photo along with an ID card. I think this will help prevent any misuse.

But what if someone wants to have the photo of their new born baby on the stamp? Some more clarity should be provided by the postal department on this. I have sent them a tweet regarding this, and will update you if I get a reply.
  • The cost of 12 stamp sheet is Rs. 150/-.
  • Stamp background is available in 6 different themes:
              Aeroplanes
              PanchaTantra
              Taj Mahal
              Trains
              Wildlife
              Sun Signs

Each 12-stamp sheet is designed on one of the above themes.

A Win-Win Situation For Both

This definitely is a win-win situation for both the user and the postal department. You can celebrate special occasions with your loved ones with stamps bearing your photo/photograph of the occasion, while generating revenues for the postal department.

How To Get Your Personalized Stamp?

You can get your personalized stamp from the “My Stamp” counter at the INDIPEX 2011. The exhibition which started today (12th Feb 2011) at Pragati Maidan in New Delhi will continue till 18th Feb 2011. Carry your photograph or get it clicked there on the spot, choose the background and your stamp will be printed in no time.

Check out the official website of Indipex 2011 for other event details. If you live in Delhi, this is one event you should not miss!

India has seen major developments in last one year- new symbol for Indian Rupee and a position on keyboard, 3G, MNP and now this. Don’t you think so?

Image Credit: Indipex

12 Responses to “My Stamp- Get Your Personalized Postage Stamp”

1. Eddie
    February 14, 2011 at 10:50 am #

Sounds like a jolly good deal to me!! Any idea if it is operational in Chennai??

2. Lawncare
    February 26, 2011 at 1:31 am #

I think that is just awesome I'd love to get my own personalized stamp. I wonder if it is ever going to come to the US?

3. womens wedding bands
    March 2, 2011 at 6:34 pm #

I doubt that it will come to the US just yet. With all of the security that 9/11 as put us thru, having a photo on a stamp will be like getting a passport, 5 forms of ID, and a large payment to protect the integrity of the postal system.

4. Mashhoo
    March 8, 2011 at 9:02 am #

Looks like your new Business card….

5. kuldip
    March 10, 2011 at 5:14 am #

it is nice on reading. i paid money and still awaiting for the stamps

6. Amelia
    March 13, 2011 at 11:47 pm #

Maybe we should have this in the US. It would make a for some great marketing for businesses…

7. Heat Paint Block
    March 22, 2011 at 1:46 am #

I think it would be the coolest thing to have your own personalized stamp to put on letters that you were mailing to friends and family. As cool as it would be I don't think it will be in the united states any time soon. But when it does I will be waiting.

8. Christine
    April 1, 2011 at 10:29 pm #

Awesome! Here's hoping it comes to the US soon!

9. Pakistan Business
    June 14, 2011 at 10:29 am #

Hi,
    I think that is just awesome I'd love to get my own personalized stamp.it would be the coolest thing to have your own personalized stamp to put on letters that you were mailing to friends and family.
    Regards,
    Sana

10. Kesaraju.Narasimha Rao
    October 2, 2013 at 1:00 pm #

I have taken stamp with photo of my grand child Pulijala Pranav who study with OCKRIDGE INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL HYDERABAD in 6th class under MY STAMP programme of postal department
    . He is more happy as he started stamps collection shared the pleasure with his class children and

• binay kumar
      December 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm #

can any body suggest how can i get personalised stamp ,where to visit for the same? I live in faridabad.

binay kumar

11. binay kumar
    December 19, 2013 at 2:41 pm #

whether this facility is still being provided?where should i visit i live in faridabad and very much intrested to get personalised stamp