The other day I came across an interesting book on business awareness-Biz World. It is written by two of the Knowledge Hub readers- Mr. Ravi Handa and Mr. Avinash Maurya. As many of you voted to have book reviews as one of the categories on Knowledge Hub, I decided to review this book. However, after reading the book, I also felt the need to share some of the interesting facts that I found here.
I have posted these facts in the form of a business quiz. You get +5 for every correct answer. Answer the questions, check it with the correct answers (scroll to the end, or click here) and post your score in the comments. Let’s see who wins!! We trust our readers, so no cheating!!
- In 1971-72 James was the governor of Nebraska. A company was planning to undergo a rebranding exercise so that it could revert to its old 4-letter name format. But since the surname of the Governor would have matched the new name of the company, the management added an extra letter to the name. Which letter and which company?
- In 1999, who was named “Manager of the Century” by Fortune magazine?
- Which company is also known as the ‘pecten’ based upon the design of its well-known logo?
- Cornelius Van Der Starr was the first westerner to sell insurance to the Chinese. Which global insurance giant did he start?
- Which financial giant started as an express mail business in Albany, New York in 1850?
- Amadeo Giannini founded the Bank of Italy in San Francisco to cater to immigrants who were denied service from other banks. How do we know it today?
- What are the names of the twin towers (155 m), which serve as the headquarters for Deutsche Bank?
- He used to sell candy and newspapers on the trains running from Port Huron to Detroit, and he sold vegetables to supplement his income. He later found 14 companies including GE. Who are we talking about?
- Which financial tycoon was supposed to travel by the Titanic on the day of its fateful journey?
- The logo of which financial giant resembles a Venn diagram?
- X and Exxon
- Jack Welch, GE
- American Express
- Bank of America
- Debit & Credit
- Thomas Alva Edison
- J. P. Morgan
- Master Card
How much did you score? Ask your friends to compete with you by sharing this business quiz with them. Use the share buttons to the left.
You can read the summary of Biz World and buy it from here.