It is time for something different at Knowledge Hub. A few months back we had a survey for improving KH, and most of you were enthusiastic about having a quizzing section here. This is my first attempt at it. I hope you’ll enjoy it.
Rules and Regulations:
- The quiz consists of 14 questions from different areas. (Hint: Answers to few of these questions are hidden in past articles of Knowledge Hub. Check Sitemap to see a list of articles published so far on KH).
- I’ll publish the answers to this quiz on 28th Oct and announce the winner too.
- So you want to know if there is a prize at stake? What could be a better prize than the happiness of surpassing all the competitors!!
- You can leave your answers in the comment but I’ll approve all the comments only on 28th Oct so that everyone has a fair chance.
- Simply mention the question number and your answer.
- This is just a fun quiz. So please be true to yourself and do not cheat.
Here we go:
1) What is the connection between these US presidents-George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt and Abraham Lincoln?
2) What is Galapagos known for?
3) How is Barbara Millicent Roberts better known as?
4) What is special about the Indian Independence Day of 1972?
5) Easy one-Identify all the three people in this pic:
6) What’s the connection between the last Mughal emperor Bahadur Shah and Burmese king Thibaw?
7) Which was the only Indian newspaper that did not carry the news of Mahatma Gandhi’s assassination on its front page, and why?
8) Which is the only team in the history of FIFA World Cup which did not defend its title?
9) Which is the only country whose national flag depicts human beings in it?
10) Find the connection between Christopher Columbus, Henry Maske and ICC T20 World Cup 2010.
11) Pole Star is to North Pole, as _____ is to South Pole.
12) What connects Belgium and Aeroplane?
13) What’s unique about Wrigley’s Chewing Gum?
14) How is Lebanon different from other Arab countries?
With that we come to an end to this quiz. Hope you had a good time answering these questions.
This being my first attempt at quizzing, I’ll appreciate your feedback to make it better. Do you think we should have more such quizzes in future? Shall we have a quiz section here on the blog, or limit it only to our Facebook page?
UPDATE: Check out the answers of Quiz #1